The holidays. The phrase is so interesting because it is synonymous with both extreme joy and extreme stress. Getting together with family can be a wonderful occasion, especially when good food and beverages are involved, but it can also be stressful to organize everything in order to make it possible. This is of course on top of an already packed schedule most of us already have. We wanted to take some time in this month’s blog to give you a special holiday message: “YOU’VE GOT THIS!” It’s so easy to get caught up in dedicating your life to pleasing absolutely everybody but yourself, that it can be difficult to be your own cheerleader. We are here to tell you that you can do anything and you will make it through this holiday season, no matter what life slings your way.
What Do We Love About The Holiday Season?
It’s our habit to sometimes focus on the things that are stressing us out and on the negatives, especially around this time of year. But, just for one moment, why don’t we focus on the lovely things that we can do or enjoy instead? We promise, you can go back to stressing out very soon. Here are a few self care related things that we love (and hope you do too!) about the holiday season.
- A steaming mug of hot cocoa with tiny little marshmallows.
- Taking a brisk stroll first thing in the morning before the day gets crazy.
- Enjoying a cup of coffee with a friend or family member in the middle of a busy day.
- Shopping for gifts and slipping that little special treat in the basket for yourself.
- The smell of fresh baked pies (and eating pies!)
- Telling funny stories and reminiscing around the dinner table.
- Watching your favorite Christmas movie (is it “Elf” or “Love Actually”?)
- Catching up on your favorite shows.
- Introducing a friend or loved one to your favorite holiday tradition.
- That smile on a loved one’s face when they finally open your “cool” gift for them.
Take Some Time For Self Care
While you will definitely need to focus on caring for others this holiday season, don’t forget to take some time each day to perform some acts of self care for yourself. You can listen to a comedy podcast or sneak out and grab a coffee at the drive through or even just browse Amazon for a few self care items between errands. Whatever you do, make sure you carve out a little time for yourself.
Surviving the holidays is definitely a yearly feat of strength. We are here to help and want to make the process as easy as possible. We hope these tips have helped you along your journey. If you have any questions about helping your baby to sleep better, finding adequate and professional newborn care help, or about your baby in general, please reach out to us HERE. We are experts in all things baby and sleep and would love to help!
If you have questions about your child, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would love to help. Please reach out to us here! We always look forward to hearing from you.